Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 42CHEVCOUPE's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 42CHEVCOUPE's profile Entries: 13
Views: 1938
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

05-24-2009 05:21 PM Frame pics
Here some more pics of the frame just about complete. I'm waiting to get my drive shaft back it had to be shortened. Long as everything is still good I can finish welding the spring perches and paint the rearend and tans x member.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

05-24-2009 06:39 AM Assembly of front suspension
With everything painted I assembled the front suspension. Its actually starting to look like something. Pictures turned out a little on the dark side. I hope to roll the chassis outside later today and take some more pics.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

05-24-2009 06:34 AM Frame Prep and Painting
Well, its been awhile and I've been forgetting to take pictures. Since the last entry I tore everything back down to the bare frame. I then welded in all the unused holes on the frame and ground them smooth. Any holes or real rough spots that were left I filled in with metal filler and sanded smooth. Next I started the process of painting everything with KBS rust seal's gloss black. The finish product turned out fairly well for being a brush on paint all brush marks flowed out well I only ended up with a couple small drips where I applied it too heavy.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

06-08-2008 09:05 PM sheetmetal work
With funds running low I decided to do some of the work that requires more time than money. I got the trunk braced and started to remove the floor.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

06-08-2008 08:31 PM transmission crossmember
With the front and rearend mocked up I was able to install the trans x member. I ended up using a universal x member form chassis engineering. After cutting to length welding and lots of drilling the trans member is in place.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3