Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 54' HeadHunter's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 54' HeadHunter's profile Entries: 16
Views: 3880
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

05-19-2008 04:18 AM "....it's alive!"
May 18. 2 38 pm...the "Frankenstein" comes alive.
Well it's been awhile. I need to gather up some pixs, and go into some details. Lot's has happened since the last post. I need to talk about "Tranny Tunnels", "Wiring" "Longer Wheelbases" the proper "Look". "Measuring for Rims & Tires", "Planning a Roll Pan"....
Well when we started this project in Nov., we intended to just leave the 2.2 liter 4cyl, in until a SBC was rebuilt. Well with gas prices hovering around $3.75..... I think it might stay in there awhile.
Anyway, after finally getting the location of the battery figured out, and building the mounting bracket I figured I'd see how bad we did with all the wiring. Cranked the first time. I had just bumped it to see if it would. Of course we were tickled to death. So, a few minutes later to demonstrate to Kim (my buddy's wife), that it did indeed crank I tried again. I bumped the key and it started.
Now, deadlines are looming. We need to finish this phase, and start the body work phase.

[Entry #16]

03-17-2008 03:47 PM step 14
....Warning to all purists. If you haven't already been upset by this build, turn away now.

We spent the weekend mounting the steering column, starting the planning for a wire tuck and making room for the gauge package (all 2001 S-10 items......man there's alot of wires). I've got my work cut out for me, to tie this dash together into something slick. But some of you guys have given me some helpful hints, great dashes guys, way to go.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

03-17-2008 03:35 PM step 13
....it's been awhile. Numerous things have gone on. We installed the engine bay loop. This mounts the radiator and A/C condenser, in front. In addition with the lack of inner fenders, it gives us much needed mounting surfaces. What once looked like a massive amount of space was quickly eaten up, by ABS, computer and radiator resevoir. But all in all, it doesn't look to bad...especially with the price of gas climbing like it is.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

02-18-2008 07:25 AM step 12
....we need to add some fender supports, and align the rear section of the fenders to the new tilt front end. But we couldn't resist bolting on the grille to see what the whole thing looked like. The front end opens easily. Real surprise after using the steel fenders and hood.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

02-18-2008 07:19 AM step 11
...we welded on the stops. They simply pivot and stop on the bottom of the frame rails. We constructed an inner frame work around the grille and down the fender and hood seam to add rigidity to the one piece

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4