Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 79z28's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 79z28's profile Entries: 19
Views: 3301
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

08-05-2008 07:24 PM rear wiring harness off
So i finally got around to taking the rear harness off. Pretty easy except for the time it took to find the keys to pop the trunk, don't you hate when that happens? Also did some more grinding on the frame, still have the underside of the frame to clean, then reweld and paint it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

06-26-2008 08:30 PM more frame work
So today i tried out the rapid strip wheels instead of the wire wheel and they worked so much better, even took off the grease. They were alot cheaper at almost $8 compared to $17 for a wire wheel, downside is that you go through these faster & they throw more shrapnel lol. Still have to do some welding and grinding on the frame but will be done soon.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

05-11-2008 03:33 PM frame off
Spending mother's day working on my Camaro but i'm the mom so that's fine with me! Had to hoist the frame up to take off the mounts and last bolt holding the cross member on...much easier that way. Took the frame off, only 4 bolts-very easy, the original owner kept the auto shift linkage on :rollseyes: so that came off and was thrown away, took the fuel line off, engine mounts-will be buying new ones, took off the brake line bracket, trans cross member off, and finally the clutch linkage bracket. I'm also going to reweld everything....if you notice the welds on it are horrible to say the least!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

05-10-2008 07:53 PM wire wheel
Just began wire wheeling the frame, not completely finished but it's started.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

04-18-2008 05:30 PM 4/18/2008
Removed front wheels, left/right-upper/lower A arms, and the torsion bar.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4