Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hrlys4evr's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hrlys4evr's profile Entries: 14
Views: 2182
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

01-21-2013 09:25 PM Epoxy is finally on
Spent the weekend putting on the Epoxy. Still have to get the fenders and bed parts done up. One part at a time. We'll get there someday.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

10-22-2012 07:31 PM Dylan at work
Finally got my boy to work on the truck. Stripping the old primer down and giving it a once over with the naval jelly to get rid of that pesky rust. Lots of elbow grease from that kid this week.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

10-13-2012 08:10 AM Driver side cab rear
Giving me a headache. Ended up having to weld some 7018 rods to the corners. Ground and filed it to match the door contour, sliced the sheet metal and raised it to match the weld rod and burned back in. Now the issue is the body line right below where the filler used to be.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

09-28-2012 07:05 PM Progress being made Sept2012
Been putting in some time. Patched all the rust up on the pass door, welded the gaps and straightened them all up, welded up the seams on the fenders, swapped out the pass rocker, welded in new cab corners on both sides. Now tackling the upper rear of the cab where the gas filler neck was. It was previously crushed so I have to start from scratch. The pillar is an issue. As straight as I can get it anyways. Door shuts a little snug with the weather stripping in.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

06-21-2012 07:19 PM And then.... No and then.... And then.... No AND THEN...
Moved forward 1-1/2 inches. New front motor mounts made. I like how it has turned out thus far.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3