Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 46highboypu's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 46highboypu's profile Entries: 264
Views: 68134
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (53): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

10-17-2012 07:13 AM A friend in need...
Got a call from my friend Fuzzy Ron that he had his radiator worked on and needed to replace the the decorative (leaking) show hoses on his 383 powered '36 Chevy hot rod truck. He could use some help holding things up while the fasteners were put in to reinstall the radiator. I picked up fellow Old Guy Bill and we rode in the give him a hand. We pretty much got in each others way but managed to put it all back together and filled and checked for leaks. The aluminum welds on the relocated neck and the new hoses held fine and a quick road test with Bill proved that the Bomb was ready for the next outing. There will even be a better sound system for road company.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #214]

10-08-2012 10:27 AM #30-101 Another Old Guy drives in!
It must be fall, the weather for this show was cold and windy but at least sunny. The entrees were slow in coming, most showed up after I had taken pictures. The best news is that my friend Bill has the mechanical issues worked out and was able to drive in with his '46 Ford hot rod for this show. He keeps changing his plan for paint, currently blue over silver, but will probably stay with flat black for a while. He did score the clean and shine award due I think to the fact that his was the only flat unfinished entry. I got to watch my grandson in the parade, talked to a couple really interested in the details of my hot rod with maybe plans to start a similar project, and enjoyed pulled pork BBQ. The trip there and back was quick and safe and made for a good day.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #213]

10-01-2012 07:15 AM #29-100 The 100th show
Took a chance on a show I hadn't been to before. The trip was a little involved due to interstate highway construction (with multiple accidents reported daily) which led me to go around through a large town in order to avoid putting my life and hot rod on the line. The show was held as part of an Apple/Fall festival and gathered over 120 entrees, many new to me. The weather was great and with the usual fair food choices and activities. I recommend the fire department BBQ. This show was also a personal goal in that it was the 100th car show that my hot rod and I have participated in since the first on July 4th, 2009. I don't do this for gold but have been awarded about a fourth of the time (often due to low attendance), but I've been counting to this number and awarded myself a trophy. Using a Von Dutch flying eye I had made and an old piston rod, I added a 100 made from a scrap of aluminum to celebrate my personal accomplishment. So even with that and about 12k miles with relatively few break downs I'm a happy hot rodder. The next show will be the 30th this year.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #212]

09-24-2012 08:49 AM #28-99 GoodGuys Indy
Friend Bill and I left in the dark and very dense fog Saturday morning to meet up with Fuzzy and photographer Ray Ballard. We hooked up some thirty miles later with a little more light but just as heavy fog and set off for Indianapolis. The fog had just started lifting when we made a pit stop about two hours later on the edge of Avon. The day was clear and windy when we checked in at registration and then parked and set up some shelter which soon came down due to the wind. This was Fuzzy's first time to a GoodGuys and he was as impressed as the rest of us with the variety of entrees from magazine cars down to real homemade hot rods like mine. Every big show like this is a matter of trying to walk enough to see at least most of the entrees and enjoy the other sights and activities as well. The trip back was just as far, no fog but traffic just as thick. We had a little excitement when Fuzzy's '36 pickup blew a radiator hose but Bill and I were able to borrow a couple of jugs of water at the next town up the road. The hose was fixed by the time we got back and everyone was able to make it home. It was a good day, a safe trip, and I'm looking forward to the next show which will make my 100th show total.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #211]

09-19-2012 07:03 AM #27-98 The first of the fall festivals
Left early Sunday morning for a short twenty minute drive to a near by festival on the town square with a pretty good car show. Another picture perfect day brought out well over 100 entrees parked on the street and lots of festival food to be had. Bill showed up with progress news on his '46 Ford hot rod and visited with Fuzzy and I all day. We set plans to all meet up next Saturday to drive our hot rods over to Indy for the Good Guys show. We had a good day on the square, saw some great rides, met some new rodders, and enjoyed treats from the festival. There and back again and scored a complete kit of Maguire stuff in a door prize.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #210]

Pages (53): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53