Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 46highboypu's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 46highboypu's profile Entries: 304
Views: 80079
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (61): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

06-06-2012 08:05 AM #7/78 and the rains came
The "old guys" got together at Fuzzy's place for a pre-car show cookout and enjoyed great food and conversation but the weather left a lot to be desired. There were brief showers followed by brief periods of sun followed by more of the same. We all drove across town to the Main street show put on by the local Wheels car club. The weather kept up its on and off again pattern through most of the evening with some real rain thrown in. It was hard to keep track of how many times the more picky entrants wiped down their cars. Turn out of over 100 entries was a show record with many rare and pro quality cars. The streets were full of cars and people in spite of the conditions and everyone had a good time.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #189]

05-29-2012 08:22 AM Show #6/77
Last weekend was another good car show, with all of the "old guys" attending. The temperature was mid 90's but with a strong breeze which made it fairly comfortable in the shady park. I went back through all of my pictures of shows I've attended in my hot rod and renumbered them on my computer. So this is the sixth show this season but number 77 since the hot rod was able to get there and back. My goal this summer is to try for number 100 and will surely turn over 10K miles soon. As with every show one always meets people with their projects that are like old friends and new ones that you hope to see again. I am always impressed by what those with lots more talent and abilities than me have put together. There were several of those at this show.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #188]

05-25-2012 11:00 AM The 5th Show and progress
The fifth show was a great day, good weather, good friends, and a lot of good cars. This show was along the Wabash in Indiana at a nice park with lots of shade and parking. Caught up with friends from past shows and heard about new projects. Enjoyed the company of the "old guys". I screwed up and managed to erase half of my pictures when I downloaded them into the computer. So not many here this time. Fuzzy's '36 was again chosen for a top pick inspite of the strange fact that every single member of the local corvette club was given a top pick (over ten percent of the awards!and they were ONLY corvettes). Happy to say that my top choices were also awarded. I met a young hot rodder who really had his head together hotrod wise and appreciated his '27 sedan with it's Stude engine (sorry lost the photo). The day was well spent and we all made it there and back in good order with plans to meet up at the next show.

I got a call later that week from friend Bill that he and welder Tom (who did the welding on my disc brake brackets) were overhauling his old set of headers. I had offered left over header kit pieces and gathered stuff up and drove over. Progress has been made, the 351W is in after it's rebuild and the project is lookin close to hitting the road. Some plumbing, a little wiring, and a few details are all that's left. Paint and finish are planned for after the more important MILES.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #187]

05-14-2012 07:59 AM Shows 3 and 4
The good weather held on and I was able to drive to a Friday evening cruise-in held at a Dog and Suds about 40 miles away. Although the lot was fairly small quite a few cars were squeezed in with the overflow at a parts store and a neighboring business. It was a friendly evening with car looking and discussions of what you drove in and a chance meeting with a friend who is looking for a Mustang rear end. Collected about a gagillion bugs on the twilight drive home. Then up and around the next morning, cleaned the windshield and readied to leave again. This show was about an hour away and ended up with 60 or so entries. Both shows brought interested viewers with questions and opportunities to share hot rodding. The fun part is that one gets to see cars never seen before and ask questions of my own. At every show there is some one who is building something or wants to...keep the faith.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #186]

05-06-2012 09:54 AM Finally the second show
Dodged the rain storms in east central Illinois and made it to only the my second show this spring. The day was very hot and humid but no rain made for a good number of cars and a large crowd. Bill's engine is together and needs just a few more pieces to get his hot rod on the road but he and the rest of the "old guys" were out in force. Fuzzy's '36 Chevy truck took first in Street Rod class and best engine as well. Well done him! This was the first show this season we were all together and plans were set in motion for at least the rest of the month. There are some spring festivals with car shows and a cruise-in on my schedule this month. With a little weather "luck" I can take in five more shows before June. Plans are being made for all of us to cruise in to see the Power Tour on its way through on June 4th.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #185]

Pages (61): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61