Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 46highboypu's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 46highboypu's profile Entries: 285
Views: 72715
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (57): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

10-26-2010 02:37 PM #28 in and out
I've been having lots of trouble posting pictures lately, due to my computer which now won't even let me on the internet. Fortunately I'm able to use one of my son's, although probably not so exciting for the one or two people who check my posts. The "show" I went to was an all car enthusiasts picnic at a local state park. My friend Bill and I pretty much just drove in and right out again. We did visit shortly with a couple of car show friends and exchanged ideas about where to go next time. Then it was back to Bill's to look over the start of his winter rebuild. He plans to remove the T style rear spring on his hot rod and replace it with coils and shocks. The rear frame will extend with 2x4 tube and cross members with allowance for the gas tank and battery. Plans also call for trimming the lower bed sides, adding a model A tail gate, and floor of wood. At this point the final "look" will be light blue with wide whites and chromies and possibly low stake sides. If the weather holds there are but two more shows planned.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #130]

10-19-2010 08:44 AM #27 Almost the end of the season
Took in another small local show, the weather was very warm for the season but beautiful. There was a small turn out for such a day but maybe the last chance to join a group of other hot rodders before the cold sets in. Had a good time.
A buddy and I did go to the Hunnert Car Pileup that weekend as well. I didn't drive the hot rod there as I have torque thrust II wheels which were supposed to be disallowed. I saw a dozen sets on cars in the show. My friend hadn't realized this show was such a big deal and we were both impressed by the turn out number of cars. The show was however pretty much what I had expected, which was mostly rat rods. There did not seem to be any rhyme or reason for acceptance as there were a lot of "rules" which were obviously violated and many cars turned away which seemingly fit the idea of "traditional". It really seemed as if the inspectors could let in anyone they wanted or exclude anyone just on personal opinion regardless of their own rules. The third picture sums it up for me, a nice highboy pickup which I would clearly like but was the exception to the car on the right which was the norm.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #129]

10-05-2010 08:21 AM #24-25-26 a three fer
Had an interesting weekend with three shows to check out. Went 269 miles in three different directions. Friday evening was 60+ cars and trucks for yet another festival. Great weather and interesting conversations about mine and other projects with owners and spectators alike. Saturday's weather was not so great with rain almost til the end of registration time. This was another festival car show and I made it in time to see my grand daughter march in the parade. The rain had one advantage in that only enough cars showed up to cover the trophies so even I got one. Sunday was my first trip to the famous Newport IN Antique Hill climbs. I met up with car show friends and joined them driving over. A thousand and some antiques and show cars and good cool weather made the experience everything they said it would be. Over all a very good weekend.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #128]

09-29-2010 12:36 PM #23 fest again
In my neck of the woods it's festival time. It seems as if there are alot of fall festivals now and lots of them have car shows. I drove up to the Honey Bee fest to enjoy the car show there. Met lots of show friends and some new ones. I always enjoy when people ask about my ride and we can talk about what I tried to do. I get a kick out of the way people seem to find my project "strange" but cool. There were good comments and interesting visits. The visitors got to see some really fine cars and trucks, even though the weather was cool and damp. It was another good day, even got a door prize.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #127]

09-21-2010 07:25 AM #22, Goodguys Joliet
I drove the hot rod up state to my son's for the weekend and after the usual grandkid stuff on Saturday we went on to Chicagoland Speedway for the Goodguys event. The weather was iffy, had rained most of the night and there lots of puddles on the infield so no autocross which I had wanted my son to see. Lots of magazine cars, interesting people, and things to look at. The weather kept many away on Sunday, or they had left already but still many hot rods to study. A great day with my son. I know I usually complain about the roads but I55 was horrible, they were putting more new holes in with our taxes. I need a good two lane way to get there next time.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #126]

Pages (57): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57