Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 46highboypu's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 46highboypu's profile Entries: 297
Views: 76507
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (60): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

04-13-2010 06:01 PM on the road again
I managed to get all of the things on the list done. Went to a Friday evening cruise-in put on by an area club. Didn't count but must have been 20-30 cars there, cool jacket weather and first of the season. So I was told a pretty good turn out. Got to visiting and didn't get good pictures before the light went, but took some and played with contrast, etc.. Still have issues with the RF turn/park light so am going to a swap meet next Saturday and will look for LED replacement.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #97]

04-06-2010 10:16 AM Next go-around
As it's only a few days until the first cruise-in in my area (east-south central IL) I have been thrashing to get on the road. I think I've finally fixed the light problem, at least they've been working on my test runs. The carpet and consol are back in and the new door glass is installed. More body work has happened. A good friend in the body business heat shrank (?) the back of the hood to take care of the warpage that I caused when I put in the louver panels. Now the hood is flat and better fits the cowl, plus the gap is much improved. It's great to have friends that know how to do these things...heat shrink metal and cut glass. The next problem and solution is to replace the bearing and seal in the 9" rear axle which over the winter has developed a drip.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #96]

03-22-2010 08:23 AM One step up and two back
Ok, here's the thing. I needed to turn the hot rod around to work on the bed so I backed out of the garage but the trans wouldn't go into drive then. My super-dooper shift lever didn't work. It bent and the holes were egged out not letting it shift. The aluminum was too soft. I gave up making my own lever and put the B&M stick back in. Then I turned around and backed in.
There were stress cracks in the filler on the bed from vibration so the bed rails were welded to the stake pockets to support better and more body work was done.
On top of every thing else it seems that taking out the carpet to "fix" the shifter has created a wire problem, probably at the steering column base where they are bundled and I now have no brake lights. So that is next before more body work. It doesn't look like paint any time soon but I'm still trying. Only about a month until the first scheduled outing. That is if I don't break anything else. It's always some thing isn't it!!


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #95]

03-11-2010 09:10 AM catching up
Just catching up on my journal entries. With lots of help I was able to install claw latches and make them work the stock door handles inside and out. The first trip lever maybe worked too well as it didn't take any effort at all to unlatch the door. The second version which used a modified part from the original latch took more movement to trip the latch. Now I feel a little more sure that the door won't unlatch by accident. The latch lever is pushed down by the yellow lever which also attaches to the strap which goes to the inside handle. Now it all works just like stock, only alot better. I also finished up on the hood side by extending the nose down a little which surrounds the grill better I think. Now on to the bed and paint...but time is getting close to DRIVING SEASON. Gotta hurry!!


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #94]

02-12-2010 11:46 AM Finished the shifter prototype
The newest version of my home made shift lever is done. At least until I find out if it works on the road. As the shaft is aluminum and I'm not sure of its strength I fabbed up two small steel brackets that sandwich the area where it fastens to the shifter works. I used two carriage bolts for the piston for a smoother look than regular bolts. Here it's stuck in the boot to see how it looks, I like it and sure hope it doesn't down shift. The weight seems to about the same as the stock lever in the first picture. If all goes well then I will evenually make a new one and be lots more careful about the holes and scratches and finish.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #93]

Pages (60): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.