Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 46highboypu's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 46highboypu's profile Entries: 313
Views: 86785
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (63): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

06-05-2009 04:32 PM A Short Road Trip
Finally got the brakes fixed, whole 'nother story there, and took some short trips. Around the block first, throttle pedal needed a fix. Next trip a little farther and discovered the right rear brake was locking up and the TH350 was down shifting...shift lever and all. Fixed the brake problem with lots of help from a friend and Midas. Back for another jount, still down shifts. As was mentioned here on the board, the shift lever was too heavy so put the B&M lever back on. Went a few miles this time, all kinds of roads and gravel. Lots of rattles and noises, some strange popping from the header mufflers, and a loose battery cable but made it home. Still don't know if I'll get it to Indy for GG's, but I'll be there anyway.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #68]

05-18-2009 12:34 PM good news/bad news
Finally thought to add pics of the interior after the seat covers went on. Painted and installed the kick panels and reworked the window moldings to clear the glass. I modified the hood nose trim to better support the hood. Shortened it a little, widened it some and added a bracket to center it in the front. The good news is one of my sons got the engine timed, floats adjusted, broken in. Then I fixed a small water leak, added a throttle return spring, and changed out the breakin oil and filter. The bad news...after testing for oil leaks I decided to back it out and maybe go for a trip around the block. The idle was pretty high but "I" was ready. I put it in reverse and I'm headed for the street guickly and...no brakes. I shut it off. I'm not sure about the jump in idle speed, I may have screwed up with the spring? When I quit bleeding the brakes some time ago I had good pedal pressure, I thought I was done. Engine wasn't ready so I couldn't test my theory. Now I can find no leaks on the floor and no pedal pressure.
I'm tired of this, it's always something!? And GoodGuys Indy is only 23 days away.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #67]

03-27-2009 08:58 AM hood sides back on
I'm not real concerned about the color of the primer not matching as most of it will be sanded off when it goes to final paint. As mentioned before the plan is to drive it, ALOT, this summer then it all gets redone next winter. I hope to find a painter to redo all my bad work and put the final color on. The body, bed, hood, and custom panels are a little rough any way, they show their age, so I don't need/want them to be perfect. Which is to say I can't afford to have hours put in on making it something it's not. It's a hot rod and that's good enough for me.
Now I need to do seat covers, put the insulation on the floor and up the firewall, add some carpet, and hopefully all this after I get the engine started and broken in.
Please forgive the funny angles in the photos. My garage shop is little and it's hard to get very far back to see what things look like. Back soon I hope!


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #66]

03-27-2009 08:45 AM back on the hood sides
Just put a couple of coats of colored primer on the hood sides. Didn't have enough of the original yellow to add to the primer so I was able to get a coupe of shots of yellow toner from a friend at a body shop. As you can see it's not the same yellow.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #65]

03-10-2009 12:37 PM Hood latch install
The rubber part attaches to the hood with a riveted bracket and gets pulled down to lock into the cup attached to the radiator support. The support bracket is just strap welded to the tube, I'll grind a little and fill a little to smooth it out and paint it. Then I can reach in under the hood side and release the hood. Now on to the bull nose and the gap at the front. Thanks for tuning in!


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #64]

Pages (63): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.