Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 46highboypu's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 46highboypu's profile Entries: 304
Views: 80017
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (61): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

05-20-2014 08:57 AM 141-7 A real cruise
A car club in a near by town has organized a series of cruises to all sorts of cool places. They call it ''Less Sittin' and more Gittin' ''. It involves two of my favorite things, driving my hot rod and eating. About 20 or more cruisers gathered at a state park nature center and took a leisurely drive through an area of Amish farms and eventually arrived at a locally famous BBQ restaurant. Well worth any drive-smoked brisket! After enjoying lunch and more visiting and car looking we all cruised in a line up the road again, this time to an old fashioned ice cream parlor and soda fountain. On the way to the various destinations we cruised through three towns, another park, and by a nursing home. The weather cooperated and a great time was had by all, a cool drive. Driving hot rods and chocolate sodas, can't get any better.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #269]

05-14-2014 08:23 AM 139-5 First of a pair
The plans for a two car show day came together when three of us met up at the half way point and drove in the early morning to a parts store celebrating customer appreciation and their first year in business. We were the first to roll in. For a first time car show the shop owners had everything well in hand. The day started a little foggy-cloudy but cleared into a warm sunny day. The business lot soon filled up and an expansion area was used. When reports of this show get around the next year's show should be over run with eager car showers. The appreciation was shown in no entry fee, goody bags, door prizes, and even free pork burgers. Naturally a good time was had by all. Well done Louisville IL NAPA!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #268]

05-14-2014 08:13 AM 140-6 Cruise to another cruise-in
After the parts store car show wrapped up five of us cruised another sixty miles up the road to a local car club's evening cruise in at a Sonic drive-in. Due to the early awards at the first car show we were the earliest arrivals at the drive-in too and enjoyed shakes while watching the preparations for the coming crowd of cruisers. The entries eventually filled the drive-in and the bank lot next door. For some of the participants this was the first outing of the spring (my sixth) and there were many fine rides from a large area to see. Along with the usual entry looking, picture taking,question asking and answering, a cruise/parade through town and back was part of the show. It was a full day with over 150 miles of hot rod driving, fun food, and great company.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #267]

05-05-2014 08:29 AM 138-4 The Old Guys ride again
We've been lucky with our spring weekends here so far, great weather for hot rod driving and cruising to car shows. Fellow ''Old Guy'' Ron drove south for an hour to meet up with me so that we could drive for another hour farther south for the fourth car show this season. Two other ''Old Guys'' were not far behind and everyone met for a good day at a small town park where a local club lined us up on the street. We were joined by yet another of our group there. After touring the display of show cars several times and taking lots of pictures the schedule of future opportunities to drive was discussed and planned. We have several chances to hopefully make it to more than one show a day. The prizes were given out and we loaded up for the drive home. I especially liked the comment by the club announcer that we all get to drive the real prize home. As my hot rod is very rarely picked out for any kind of prize, I'm right there with that. It is very much appreciated to be in a group of ''Top #'s'' but it is much better to enjoy the ride, to get there and back. I feel sorry for the ones who are devastated that they didn't get a cheap plastic trophy. Two high points for me were that, one I replaced the gas pedal, which had way too many parts, with a simple spoon pedal and adjusted the cable for a much better throttle response and it worked great. The second was just fun. An award was given for club participation and a local ''official'' club had 5 or 6 and won...there were just as many ''Old Guys'' there, cool.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #266]

04-21-2014 02:00 PM #137-3 A great spring day
What an incredible day for a car show. My friend Fuzzy Ron drove down an hour to meet with me and we drove on another hour over into Indiana for a high school/college autoshop scholarship fund car show. Over 130 trucks and cars came in for a sunny mild spring day, showing off a lot of really well done rides. This show seemed to have an unusual number of sharp pickup trucks and an unusually low number of corvettes and new mustangs (good show!!). Everyone had a great day visiting and enjoying the sunshine while checking out the details on the entries. After the awards and loading up we joined a regular parade of street rods, customs, and show cars driving back over into Illinois. There and back again, safe and happy.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #265]

Pages (61): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61