Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: C-10's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View C-10's profile Entries: 14
Views: 3891
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

06-19-2011 12:39 AM Poverty caps live on.
It's been way too long since the last update. Thought I'd post up a photo. Been playing around with all kinds of other 'stuff'.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

01-05-2010 12:24 AM Poverty caps continued.
Things are looking up for these 45-46-47 year old dog dishes. Luckily I found this set from a fella in Florida. Had some various dents but, eh what can say? The caps are now as good as new. Maybe better. Finished in single stage off-white.

The center circle around the bowtie will be red-orange like OEM. The bowtie will be masked, then commence with ze scuff and shoosting.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

12-30-2009 02:51 AM '65 Front Fenders
More photos.

One day I may learn. (to buy better fenders)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

12-30-2009 02:44 AM More fenders
I found a pair of GM fenders that were 'rather junk' so I thought they'd be perfect for my truck. :-) This is therapy. For ME.

All in all, is what it is, and it's definitely maybe most probably, not the most cost effective way to go about a pair of fenders, but again they're GM and they didn't cost much since I bought them locally. I have connections. (lol)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

12-25-2009 02:27 AM Poverty Caps
Poverty Caps. These are rather rare. Painted white versions that aren't rusted the hell out. So now we make them beautiful once again. Goal is to have the stock wheels body color and caps stock off-white with the red circle around the bowtie. I like the humble hub cap.

Over all, these were in very nice shape and only needing a little Evercoat Metal Glaze for smoothing them out. The OEM paint came off with ease. The caps are very thin sheet metal that did not require much effort to dolly out.

I'm going crazy, I think.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3