Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jnanam's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jnanam's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1360
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

07-09-2008 12:14 AM it can roll now
here is the update on my rat. i put some wheels i had on it that used to be on my truck, they werent my 1st choice but im dont have alot of money right now.... i just have the air bags mocked up but they work and are tacked in. motor/trans are in waiting for the drive line to get cut down but should be done by tomorrow morn. got my brake lines ran tonight they work well and now just have to build me a steering shaft and she can run and drive. hope to test drive by the end of the week.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

05-17-2008 08:52 PM frame/rear/front
got the back part of the frame finished up (waiting on air bags) but i put the rest of the rear end in it seems to work really good and smooth now it took me a few nights after work musureing and drawing and looking at some others but i go it in and i like it.....today i put the front end on i couldnt aford any nice front ends so im just putting one off a s10 that i got for dirt cheap and then going to make a trailer out of the rest and see it so i get my money back but it turned out the way i wanted to. lots of crawling around with tape stick and tram gauges and stuff but i got it where i wanted. heres some pics thats all i have for now

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

05-17-2008 08:42 PM body
got most the sheet metal on its not all welded together yet im just tacking just in case i have to change something. i dont have alot of money so im useing left over metal to fill in places where i need them like fire wall and stuff like that and ill weld them all up later

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

05-17-2008 08:31 PM rat rod
did a little more work and started to put sheet metal around it

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

05-17-2008 08:26 PM starting off
i was bet by somone that i could not build a car so im starting a rat rod......am far along now so there wont be alot to say in the 1st ones

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]