Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: highwaystar's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View highwaystar's profile Entries: 16
Views: 1839
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

07-24-2011 07:15 AM Some finished pictures
Posting some pictures after cleaning the car for the first time. Car is mostly done with some weatherstrip leaking issues needed sorted out.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

07-24-2011 07:13 AM Test drive
One of the most difficult stages was when I thought it was "done". It has taken awhile to sort everything out. The cars first real test was a 4 hour drive to Dragway 42 in West Salem Ohio for the the 2011 Rock and Race nostalgia drags. Test drive was a success and after three days of racing it drove back to West Virginia.

Got back with a new list of things to fix. Re rout fuel line farther from headers (fuel vaporizing) exhaust scraping, etc....

Picture: My wife drove the Camaro all weekend as I drove my 42 Ford truck. She got a small trophy for winning two round of bracket race. She struggled with getting the 700 HP to grab with a set of regular street tires.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

06-28-2011 06:11 AM Back from Paint
I worked with some guys down the street who have a setup for paint. I repainted it the same color my parents had it: Cadillac Dark Autumn maple metallic.

Picture one: Back from being painted and most of the exterior pieces and parts are on.

Picture two: I Rewired the car with a painless wiring kit. Here I had the wiring done enough to hook up the gauges to run the engine.

Picture three: Engine running.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

06-26-2011 07:32 PM Engine
These shots show the engine and drivetrain in. A 540 Big Block built by Nyes automotive in Indiana. Trans is a Perforabuilt 700R4 with a Bowtie overdrive 2800 stall lockup converter.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

06-26-2011 07:29 PM Subframe
After fighting the rust its time to get the mechanicals in order.

Picture one: Here is the always important kid shot. This shows my 10 year old daughter dissembling the sub frame. I was busy grinding and painting the undercarriage.

Picture two: Lowering the body on the sub frame. Here you can see some of the handling goodies. Global west control arms. Quick ration steering box, Hotchkis stabilizer bar and springs.

Picture three: My dad was over and grabbed a shot of me welding in the sub frame connectors. The rear end is a 14 bolt 3/4 ton truck with moser axles, truetrac and 3.42 gears.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4