Today I've lined the framerails so I can start connecting them together.Sadly,just as I was welding the first tube between the rails,my welder fell without gas.So I've have to get a new bottle tomorrow before I can continue...
That's it for now.
Got some iron and started welding.Yes,that's the master himself hard at work.At a later stage I will bend the front rails inwards, but I want to wait with that until my grille insert and cowl (Yes,I'm a sucker for '32 cowls,so I bought one...)arive. I then can adjust
the rails so that they exacly line with the bodywork.
I know I said earlier that I should go with a '28 cowl, more soul surghin revieled that this not was what I really wanted, so there you have it : it's a '31 (looks like a '32 to me) cowl from a wrecked
four door saloon. I found it on ebay for the right price.
I wasn't really impressed about my first frame design. So, I let it rest for a couple of days. I want to use a '32 Ford grille,but I also like the looks of a "suicide" front-end.Problem is that when I combine these two things the bracket for the cross spring kept
sitting in the way of my grille. So I made a drawing with the cross spring behind the grill. I am pleased with the result.This is what I'm gonna build!
I also remodeled the way my front rails bend towards the engine.
My original design looked too square,now I think it looks a lot smoother. In the back I will use a four-link system to keep the rear-axle in place.It's simple and timeles. I've also drawn the body roughly on to the drawing. This showed that to get the right
dimentions,I best cut 10 centimetres out of the back doors (these probably will be welded shut into the body.
Got my first crude drawing of my frame.
Basicly it's only the structure around the engine and under
the body.This is the part that I'm gonne build first. The rear section will have to wait 'cause I haven't made my mind up yet how I want that to look.