To make the bumper plate fit I removed 3cm from the strip under the window(don't know the proper name of this piece of metal...)
This gave me a clean stroke to weld the plate upon.
I think it looks OK with the dash-insert bolted to it.
I will wait with welding the dash into the car until I've relined the passangers cowl side.This side has some serious impact damage
and will be repared in the near future.
My cowl came with a central gauge-cluster mounted on the gastank.I want to use a ribbed dash-insert,this means I have to build me a dash.I did this by using a '50 Chevy Deluxe bumper plate I had laying around.This piece is roughly shaped like the under side of a dash,so I only had to make it fit with the strip under the window and drill some holes for the gauges.
Fitted the rails with some cross members.I didn't go the traditional way here.
I plan to weld the floorboards between these tubes.You can also see now that the drive shaft goes above the cross members and through the cockpit...(a nice way to scare potential passengers)