One of the bigger changes I made to the car was moving the engine forward almost 5". This made it necessary to move the radiator forward too. Made some new brackets further forward.Modified the new radiator to fit,and also modified the new cooling fan assembly too. Will need to make a notch in the sheet metal to access the radiator cap.With everything bolted in,there is enough clearance between the motor and the fan assembly.
Had gotten a "complete a/c kit",but did not like where the likes would have to run. So I figured out what I need to get to get the lines ran in a way I could live with and ordered the parts.With all with all the extra fittings and hose,I started laying things out. Used zip ties to keep thing in place temporarily while I was getting things sorted out.Ended up welding a flat bracket to the frame to have a place to mount the hoses to.Will need to get some nice line type clamps to finish things out.
Just like every other part of the build,it seems that you can't work on just one part of the project with out it over lapping another.While working on the accessory brackets I decided to work on the a/c lines too.figured it would be easier to set them up at this point while everything is accessable and not painted. But before I could work on the lines, I needed to install the condenser,and associated parts. I made some mount brackets out of some expanded metal left over from a past project. Ended up mounting it to the flanges that also mount the grill.That leaves about 3/4" between the condenser and the radiator. When its installed for the final time,the brackets will be painted black,and will basically "disappear" behind the grille.Those with a keen eye will notice that the condenser in the mounted position has had the lower port turn 180 degrees downward.This made it easier to hook up the lower line.
After spending quite a bit of time working inside the car,I decided to take a break and work on some of the engine issues.So after removing the front sheet metal,and spending about an hour searching for all the accessory brackets,I started mocking things up.The alt. bracket was pretty straight forward,but the a/c bracket needed some work.The adjustment bar was not to my liking so I added my own in the form of a universal alt. bracket and some spacers.I like the looks of it better,and it works very well. I still need to get the correct length alt. belt.