Added flat 1/4 strapping to weld the floor sheet metal to.I used 18 gauge sheet for the floor.Actually us it for most of the sheet metal work.Also,if you had not noticed,the car is more of a uni-body style now,the body and chassis be welded together.
I decided to add a roll cage.For looks and the added strength of the cage will help stiffen the frame.It is a full one,runs from the trunk,through the passenger compartment,and into the engine bay. No one makes a cage for a '38 Plymouth,but a guy I work with had a '39 Chevy I could measure and it was very close,so I was able to get a pre- bent cage for a Chevy.
With the motor mounts built,it was time to fix the frame in front of the x member.It has a nova sub frame,but the left over factory frame behind it was cobbled up to clear some old headers in the past.So I had to undo more work I had done in the past. As you can see,I have learned as much of what not to do on the build, as what to do.