I needed to make some front window run channels for the doors.I did not get the vent windows with the truck,so Im going to run 1 piece door glass. Instead of scratch building everything,I found a leftover vent window assembly from my '70 chevy pickup.I removed eveything I didn't need so only the run channel was left. I needed about 18" for each run,which worked out nicely being the run channel was 36",so I just cut it in half. Sorry,clicked 2 wrong pictures.
With the raised mount made,I installed the shifter,and boot to see how its going to look.Had to add the shifter knob for the full effect. I think it will be just fine,especially when all the carpet and interior are installed.
I am using a simple cable operated shifter from B&M.The one thing I didnt think about was that with the 6" channel on the cab,there was is not alot of room between the trans tunnel and the transmission.The part of the shift that goes under the floor is a little to big to clear the transmission.so I clearanced the bracket on the shifter a little bit. Also decided to build a raised mount,hoping it would look somthing similar to a factory 4-speed bump.