I have decided to take a break from the front end,and turn my attention to the windows.I have a few modifcations to finish before Im ready to have my glass guy come to make the patterns for the windows. I want him to have enough time to do what he needs. I put a 59' chevy dash in the truck a while back.Which led me to modifing the front windshield opening.Now the same dash is going to affect my door glass as well. When I got the dash,I took everything that went with it.Im going to use the filler pieces and mount them to the doors so it has the wrap around effect again. Im also going to eliminate the vent windows,which means I need to remove the small bracket that it set on.(you can see it in the first picture.) Im wanting to get all this welding and cutting done before the glass patterns are made. I also have a number of holes to fill also. The prior owner cut a large square hole for the inside handles he was going to use. Im useing a different style.
When I got this truck,the prior owner had welded brake line to the hood to accentuate the factory lines.I kept going back and forth whether or not to keep them. I decided I really didnt like them. Luckily his lack of experiance was good for me,being that removing them was just as simple as grinding them off. This felt a little weird,being that I have modified the rest of the truck so much,to be returning a part of it back to "stock".
Finally got to mount the modified radiator back in the truck.Ended up having to trim the lower cross bar a little for clearance and add a vertical mount to it. Also made some simple struts to keep the radiator secure at the top as well. Even thought it felt like taking few steps backward,the end result of moving the lower neck are well worth it. The neck now has plenty of clearance and will be easier to connect to the water pump.
We ended up removing the entire corner of the lower tank.Made a new section and has the same dimensions of the tank and mount,(foot print) and install the new neck. The mount on that side now is vertical,(still have to drill the the mount holes). The radiator fits in the same exact space as it did but the outlet is in a much better position now.