I did the same thing to the other side of the hood.Im pretty happy with the basic results.I am going to have to cut the center panel loose form the inner support due to the fact it twisted when I cut the sides loose,I will be able to center everything back up that way,before I weld everything back up.I needed to start mocking up the radiator mount also,that way I can make sure the hood is exactly where I want it.I figured out the basic headlight location too.
I ran a piece of 2" tape right along the rasied center part of the hood as a cut line.I ran 2 more lines for reference marks.I traced the tape with a sharpie and pulled up the tape leaving the lines.
I cut the entire length of the hood along the inside line,then pulle the hood inward until the outer most line touched the cut line.
Even since I started this build,I was planning on narrowing the front sheet metal.I though it looks a bit bulky without the fenders,and mounting head light adds to the problem.Also,I think the hood is too long,so I planned to shorten it too.I decided to cut the rounded lead edge off,and shorten it behind that point.
I decided the best way to attach the hinges to the doors was to take them to work and use the spot welder we use to rebuild wrecked cars with.I think it worked very well.I brought themback home and bolted them in,until I can get a chance to finish them.