Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jgb7038's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jgb7038's profile Entries: 374
Views: 82519
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (75): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

08-28-2009 10:21 PM The results...tailgate..
After a little shrinking,and a bit more grinding,the skull made it on the gate like I wanted it.I cleaned the rest of the outside a sprayed it with some etch as well.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #79]

08-28-2009 10:14 PM Cleaning things up...
After welding everthing up,it was time to clean things up a bit.I dressed all the welds on the outside of the gate,then did the same to the inside.I sprayed some rattle can metal etch on the inside to see what it looked like.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #78]

08-22-2009 10:20 PM Fixing the problem........
In order to fix my problem,I cut the ends of the raised panel out,and moved them towards the out side of the gate.I checked to see if the wreches fit,when they did I welded the pieces in thier new location.I made filler panels from the left over bedside pieces(saved them when I shortened the bed).With everything welded up,I still have I little more work to do before I can attach the skull.When I cut the panels loose, the gate twisted a bit,and also moved a little from welding.Hopefully tommorrow I will get the torches out and make a few shrinks to tighten eveything back up.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #77]

08-22-2009 10:11 PM Wheres the script????
When I got the tail gate,it was,to put it nicely,in rough shape.I beat it back into shape best I could and also flattened out the ford script.I bought this skull/wrenches at a show a while back with the intention of installing it on the gate where the script should be.When I test fit it,the wrenches hung over the sides of the raised panel,that I didnt like.So I decided to fix the problem.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #76]

08-22-2009 10:03 PM More storage.....
A few posts back I built the underfloor storage compartment for the battery at the front of the bed.While I have been working the bed sides,I also started making the compartments for the out sides. When all of them are made and the actual floor is installed I will finish seam sealing all the floor compartments,and make the access doors for them.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #75]

Pages (75): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.