The tail gate was a bit rough to say the least.Its workable,but rough.I spent about an hour with a variety of hammers,2x4's,and other tools beating it back into a some what respectable shape.I also flattened out the ford script on it,I have a plan for that space...........
The bed had fenders,which I didnt need,so off they came.I figured that I would need a total bed side length of 66" to fit the truck.I cut the bed sides on both ends so I could try and center the wheel arch over the wheels. Once the sides were shortened,I tacked welde them back to the front panel.
Took a short break from the project,well,not technically.I did go to GG and round up a few parts and even found a bed for it on the internet. My original plan was to build the entire bed from scratch,but I found one that was perfect for what Im planning on doing.The time I will save will definatly justify the cost of it.
To get it home,I cut the front panel loose from the bed sides,that way I could load it all in the back of a pick up truck. This is what I ende up with by the time I got home.
I had already built the actual drive shaft tunnel,but had not built the trans hump.I was waiting till I got the firewall built,so with that done now,I moved on to the trans hump.I welded a flange on the bottom of the fire wall recess to make it a little easier on myself.