Got some work done to the windshield opening.Moved the new "pinch weld" out flush with the outer body.Then I came back inside and remove about 2" of the header,it was rusty any way,and rebuilt it up in a higher position.
Had the glass guy stop by,talked alittle bit about what needed to be done for him to make his patterns for my new window glass.He left me a section of the window gasketing that he will be using,so I can make sure there is enough clearance for it to seat properly up by my dashboard.
Problem 1: The universal gasket sets all the way inside the opening,dont really like that.
Problem 2:That position would make my windshield about 10" tall,if Im lucky.Dont like that either.
Solution:Cut out the original pinch weld and redesign the opening with the pinch weld relocated.
This is a couple of before pictures,and one where I stopped tonight.still needs ALOT of work,but should give me a nice sized windshield,thats easy to see through and is proportionate to the side windows too.
Finally got all the seat mounts welded in.That let me finish welding up my floor panels.Now all thats left floor wise is the two covers for the frame kick up behind the seats and the front part of the tunnel.
Made the passenger foor boards last week,made the drivers side today.I also made some mounts for the seats by welding plate tabs to the bracing under the cab floor.The sheet metal pans will lay right over them and the mount bolts will poke up thru.
After running out of everthing last weekend,I resupplied and started at it again.I finished welding up the exhaust,and in an effort to keep my wife from melting,I put a bunch of heat sheilding material on the exhaust under the cab,hope it works.
I moved to the filler panel below the floor and got that installed.