Re-arranged the garage,turned the '38 around to work on the drivers side. Again,did the basic filler work,rolled on the primer.Yes,I said rolled on, using a foam roller to apply the first few coats of primer.It is alot cleaner,no over spray,and 95% of the primer ends up on the car instead of half of it on the shop floor.Blocked that coat off,then re-primed.Thats about where it is at right now,hoping to get more done during the weekend......
Been a while since I have updated this build.Got VERY busy at work,so my plymouth time has become limited.I still have been making progress. Got the doors repaired and back on the car.Made some passes with a grinding wheel in preparation for filler.Started doing the filler work,just a couple of pics,not alot to see,fill sand,fill,sand,you get the idea. I like using a sprayable filler over the work.It helps me see how things are going and adds another level to the filling process.
Got back on the door tonight,cut a repair panel out of 18 gauge,put a 90 degree bend in it on the brake.Since the bottom of the door is not flat,used the shrinker to put a bow in the panel.When I cut the rusted part off the door,it flattened out,so now I can slide the new part under the door skin,and it will help regain the shape it lost.Used some cleco's to hold it in place to weld,and hammer the edge over the frame of the door.Welded up the seam,then dressed the welds with a grinder.
Rolled the '38 back in the garage.Had already repair the lower drivers door,so I pulled the passenger door off the car,and started to do the repairs on it. Needed to fill the holes left from the old hinges first.with those filled,flipped the door face up and started cutting out the rust on the lower skin.