After installing the new wheels on the rear of the truck,I decided it needed to be a little lower.I ended up z'ing the frame behind the cab.When it was all said and done it ended up being almost 4" lower.
I have always wanted a set of Torque Thrust wheels,so I save my pennies and finally bought a set......in 2007.Figured it was about time to get the tires,besides I needed them to start mocking up the suspension.I have 155/80/15 BFG T/A radials for the front and 255/70/15's for the rear.
I have been working pretty hard on my 38', so I decided to take a small break from it and work on my 48' Ford shop truck project.I started on the rear,because most of the suspension parts are bolt on,being its on a 70'c-10 frame,and the fact I will be using a 40' front axle assembly,which still needs to be located at the right wheel base and installed.
This group of pictures are the basic before and after results.I installed new 5" drop springs,upper and lower shock relocators,adjustable trac bar,c-notches,and new shorter shocks.
All the cups are wellded in.All the filler pieces are welded in.An hour or so of grinding,and it almost looks like it supposed to.Just have to make all the cut outs in the lower for the a/c vents,and the headlight switch and wiper switch.Was thinking of makeing a glove box too,on the passenger side of the upper dash. Truth be told,this is actually the 4th version of a dash for this car.Just didnt like where the other designs were going.I am pretty happy with this one.......finally.