Been a while since I have updated this build.Got VERY busy at work,so my plymouth time has become limited.I still have been making progress. Got the doors repaired and back on the car.Made some passes with a grinding wheel in preparation for filler.Started doing the filler work,just a couple of pics,not alot to see,fill sand,fill,sand,you get the idea. I like using a sprayable filler over the work.It helps me see how things are going and adds another level to the filling process.
Got back on the door tonight,cut a repair panel out of 18 gauge,put a 90 degree bend in it on the brake.Since the bottom of the door is not flat,used the shrinker to put a bow in the panel.When I cut the rusted part off the door,it flattened out,so now I can slide the new part under the door skin,and it will help regain the shape it lost.Used some cleco's to hold it in place to weld,and hammer the edge over the frame of the door.Welded up the seam,then dressed the welds with a grinder.
Rolled the '38 back in the garage.Had already repair the lower drivers door,so I pulled the passenger door off the car,and started to do the repairs on it. Needed to fill the holes left from the old hinges first.with those filled,flipped the door face up and started cutting out the rust on the lower skin.