Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: mikeweyman's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View mikeweyman's profile Entries: 2
Views: 1417
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

10-22-2004 06:05 AM 2 years later
i seemed to have skipped a few steps in my rebuild , but they are too painfull to recant.
essentially the motor was rebuilt ,some of the goodies are , 2.02/1.6 valves, ported polished and gasket matched, 460 lift cam, weiand excellerator intake (single plane)holley 680 single feed, dbl pumper carb. headers and true dual exhaust. 4 core rad from a big block vette. transmission is a th350 with a shift kit and a 2400 stall convertor. the rear end is the original 3.08 to afford highway driving but with new seals
mechanically the undercarriage is like new, new calipers, pads,shocks,etc. the front end needed nothing as it is as tight as can be.
the interior was shot , i have the new carpets installed along with white leather bucket seats (from an 82).. the interior is the last stumbling block towards finishing .
the only other thing being the carb, it was rebuilt and is worse than it was.another guy will look at it this week. this baby still won,t idle right and i have yet to drive it and the winter is setting in fast..

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

04-14-2004 06:22 AM In the beginning....
i bought this car from dalhousie new Brunswick.it had 50,00 original k.m.'s on it. (33000 miles)it was street legal, and on the road when i bought it.
originally i planned to drive it for a few years before starting work on it. but when the stars cleared from my eyes, i saw what needed to be done, now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]