-- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Project Journals: SECTION25's Journal
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

View SECTION25's profile Entries: 19
Views: 3053
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

02-25-2009 02:42 AM Flexplate
Well there's an interesting story behind this one, we bolted up the flexplate to my engine after taking the flywheel off and my brother put the torque converter and transmission on.

Unknown to us at the time that we apparently have the wrong flex plate. After some looking around I found out that there was two sizes, 168 and another size (which escapes me right now.

Anyhow, just my luck when I found one on eBay with only 6 hours left and .99c on it without a bid. I quickly emailed the guy and he said it was 168 tooth, and he was in Sydney, so I thought, let's have a go shall we.

I ended up getting it for $5.50!

Here's a picture

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

02-23-2009 01:49 AM Tailshaft repaired
Well I've done a few things with my car lately, one of which involves getting the tailshaft done.

I found that my tailshaft (which is a two piece) needed the center bearing replaced.

The major reason for this was because my tailshaft had no center bearing to speak of =)

Anyhow, I took it in to get the bearing replaced and it turns out that the tailshaft was bent and it needed to be straightened.

Well one thing led to another and they couldn't straighten the end apparently so I had to get the second half replaced.

I thought "I'm going to go this far, I might as well get all new universal joints put in"

So here it is, new back half, new bearing and new universal joints

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

11-07-2008 04:32 AM Progress
Well there hasn't been much progress of late as everything that needs to be done is going to cost money.

But we did put some fuel in the tank and then blow through with pressurised air to see the quality of the fuel when it came through the tank, this will let us know if the tank was full of rust or not. Thankfully the fuel came through OK.

We also have dodgied up some wiring for a harness as currently the australian dollar has taken a dive (along with the rest of the worlds economy!).

I will be working on the car this weekend and hopefully get it to crank!!

  [Entry #17]

09-28-2008 02:52 PM Dipstick
Well I got the dipstick in today......well most of the way, there was a few mm or so at the end I couldn't get in properly, but this is OK as I will sort it out later, for now we just need to make sure oil isn't going to spill out of the engine so I can run it.

After I put the dipstick in we bolted up the exhaust manifold, so now we are one step closer to getting this running

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

09-28-2008 04:03 AM Firewall plug
Well I realised I hadn't posted any progress recently - I contacted American Autowire after getting info from someone else on the board from this thread

Saying that I could get the firewall plug after posting pictures. I am currently trying to sell some more stuff on ebay so that I can buy it

  [Entry #15]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.