Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 34Fords's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 34Fords's profile Entries: 3
Views: 965
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

02-16-2009 05:57 PM body
I decided to go with a glass body because of cost also and not because I would'nt like steel. In the Midwest not a lot of them left! I went to a few places and ended up with a Downs body. They made it on my chassis and also "baked it off" got it home and started with assembly

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

02-16-2009 05:05 PM Joel's34
TCI in my opinion a well made chassis, The paper work that came with it is a little on the hard to read side, but it all went together in short order. I will be using a GM crate motor for it, mostly because I don't think I could build one for the money that I can buy this for. A friend is a parts manager for a large Pontiac dealership in the area and shot me a price I could'nt refuse!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

02-16-2009 04:54 PM Joel's 34
After my wife seen a 34 and said she liked it I told her I always wanted to build one. The rest as they say is history. I began scouting a chassis right away and looked at several manufacturers
TCI looked to be a straight forward approach and it was ordered
I went with independent front and four link w/pan hard rear
As of this writing I have had it for four years ( had a few set backs) anyway I will be updating by going through pictures until I get to where I am now

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]