Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: renegade6's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View renegade6's profile Entries: 8
Views: 545
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries


Pages (2): [1] 2

04-23-2013 08:08 PM 63 Biscayne
I have my project posted on a couple of other forums (lateral-G and Pro-touring) but, that being said, I really like the support that I've received on this forum when I had a few questions.

I started with a 63 Biscayne with a 72 400 big block and TH 350 transmission. I picked up the car in Phoenix in March 2012 and drove the car to Kansas. When I looked underneath, It was easy to see that someone had done some crappy work on it. Instead of removing the rusted floor plans, they just threw the new (used) ones on the top and tacked them in. No worries, it was going to come apart anyways. The car had a 50 yard paint job and a decent looking interior.

When I moved to Pennsylvania, I dropped the car off at Schwartz Performance to have them build a custom frame for it. I picked it up from them in Feb 2013 and started the tear down. The frame is set up for rack and pinion, four wheel disc brakes and a Ford 9" rear end.

Here are the plans:

-Media blast and fix the rust, dents, etc.
-New wiring harness
-LS power. Thinking L76 and 6L80E but, will depend on what I can get a good deal on.
-New windows
-New interior with Lexus powered heated seats
-etc, etc.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

04-23-2013 08:10 PM More pictures and first repair
More pictures of the frame and original shot of the old engine.

One of the first repairs I did was to fix the trunk hinges. Pretty easy to do but, one of the holes was out of round so, I had to fix the brace that held the hinge. While I was doing that, I almost stepped thru the trunk pan so, another item on the list.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

04-23-2013 08:13 PM Roof paint
One of the blaring problems when I got it was the blistering paint on the roof. Because I didn't want it to rust out anymore while I was having the frame made, I decided to strip it and have it repainted. From what I can tell, this car has never had the paint stripped and I think I can count about seven layers of paint.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

04-23-2013 08:14 PM The car is back and time to start tearing it down
I finally got it back in February and decided to start tearing it down and get on with the bodywork. Since I had a bit of time, I figured I would start with the bumpers.

The front was fairly easy to make into a one-piece and tuck it in but, the back is a work in progress.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

04-23-2013 08:16 PM Hole filling
Time to continue with the tear down and fill some unnecessary holes.

While I was chipping away at some bondo, I discovered that I'm probably going to have to replace the passenger side B pillar and put in a quarter panel patch.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.