Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: One Month Wonder's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View One Month Wonder's profile Entries: 77
Views: 15645
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (16): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

05-24-2013 07:19 PM All paint hiccups fixed!
Here are more photos of the pinstripe guy, Shawn of Henderson Hot Rods in Philomath, Oregon, and the project before any paint was on. Great job guys!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #77]

05-23-2013 12:21 PM Gas Tank fill tube hole fixed!
After spending all winter preparing the hole left in the cab from removing the gas tank fill tube finally got fixed. Photos of the weld process will follow. The painter is also a pin striper and I asked him to do some striping for me. He did, and it came out amazing. Henderson's Hot Rod Shop in Philomath, Oregon ROCKS!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #76]

09-04-2012 12:41 PM TWO YEARS LATER
It's been a couple of years since I posted on this project. LOTS of things to add, but first let me say this. I've learned the hard way that you should ALWAYS do it right the first time. Short cuts don't cut it and you always have to fix them in the end. I left the original suspension on the front end in order to save money. I added power steering conversion kit to the leaf springs and straight axle. It's been nothing but a headache and in the end I've invested more time and money than I would have it I would have simply bought and installed a good aftermarket Mustang II front end. Between steering dampers, shimming the straight axle, wheels changes, tire size changes and whatnot, it's been a nightmare and is just now starting to be a vehicle I can drive safely at just about any speed up to around 85mph.

I should have moved the gas tank out of the cab when we restored this project. The photo shows what happens if you don't. Now, after the fact I'm moving the gas tank under the bed and having to fix the paint. Another thousand bucks and more time and energy. DO IT RIGHT the first time even if it means more time in the build, you'll be happy you did in the end.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #75]

07-24-2010 11:45 PM The Good Stuff
Been to a couple of show and shines, and several cruise-ins. I've also used it to pick up yards of dirt for the raised vegetable beds, yards of bark dust for landscaping, and loaded it up and taken us camping with it. It's all been fun, except the hiccups. The belt system is in serious need of revamping. The original design simply isn't holding up to the heavy demands of all the systems I'm running, power steering, AC... well, actually, that's about it, but the belts aren't sufficient. I should have spent the money to get a serpentine system right out of the gate. Doing it after the fact is a bear. Here's a couple shots, one a show and shine, and one ready to take us camping. The fun just doesn't stop!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #74]

06-11-2010 10:27 PM Happy Camper
The truck is mostly done, I'm driving it, and having a ball! A few nickel and dime things to do to the suspension, little bugs here and there, but for all intents and purposes, done! Cole and I took it to show and shine, and cruise last weekend and had a blast. The truck gets a lot of looks and thumbs up, and fits right in at a cruise. It's just the start of the cruise in season, and I'm going to cruise. Whoo hoo! That's me, the happy camper, in his hot rod '49 truck.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #73]

Pages (16): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16