Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: One Month Wonder's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View One Month Wonder's profile Entries: 77
Views: 15869
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (16): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

09-17-2009 06:05 PM Skulls on the Dash
It's getting fun now. I had intended on trying to airbrush some kind of skull design on the dash. The problem is that my technical skills with an airbrush aren't up to the small detailing it would take. The solution? I found a couple of decals that actually look okay. You can tell that they're decals, cuz we put them under a coat of clear just to preserve them. But hey! I'm happy with them and I think they look awesome. Skulls on the Dash! Ya!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #32]

09-16-2009 02:00 PM It all fits!
All the pieces were assembled and in place today and they all fit. This is after Cole had to modify the driver's side front fender. But now it's all good. This is the pre-paint assembly.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #31]

09-15-2009 05:07 PM 1949 chevy radiator core support
If you're ever involved with a chevy, or gmc probably, and you find yourself in need of a radiator core support, good luck. It seems like they are everywhere on the internet. No problem getting one. Wrong! These things are in high demand and it took me a month to get my hands on one. I actually had a guy that told me he'd sell me a used one right off one of the junker '49's he had sitting outside. And then he just never delivered. I never paid for it either, but still, it was just another chance to practice my patience. We finally got one from "Chev's of the 40's" and they are close enough to me that I even got it the next day, with no extra shipping. In the photo I've highlighted where that stupid piece is. For $300.00 it might be easier and faster to fabricate your own if you have the tools to do so. It's a vital piece as it holds the fenders, inner wheel wells and front clip together. You gotta have one. Anyway, it's now got to come out and go to the machine shop. It is more narrow at the top than at the bottom and if we try to bend it ourselves it'll screw the thing up in other places, so off to those with the right tools for the right job. Whew!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

09-15-2009 05:01 PM the hood fits
Cole attached the hood braces and the hood. It fits, good enough for govt work, and it's going to be okay. He has to literally cut off the bottom of the back of the front fender and do some re-fabrication on it. So that's going to slow things down a bit. But here's photos of the hood, on the truck. Woo Hoo!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

09-14-2009 06:38 PM Making Sure Everything Fits
Cole is piecing the front end together, making sure everything fits. He did so much cutting and welding to replace rusted out panels that he wanted to make sure everything was going to bolt back up like it did before the facelift. It didn't. The back of the front fenders that were cut off and new patch panels welded in are being a bit of a headache for him. Painting and flames and skulls are going to wait until next week. Not a problem since I need more practice with the airbrush anyway. Here's a couple of photos of the front fenders, and Cole, the master hot rod builder. More soon!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

Pages (16): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16