Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: One Month Wonder's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View One Month Wonder's profile Entries: 77
Views: 14767
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (16): 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

03-16-2010 03:03 PM Lights Work!
Cole's been working long and hard installing a complete wiring harness for the flatbed. It was a lot more work than he envisioned and by the time he was done his back was killing him. The lights look great. Two on the side of the bed, and also really bright backup lights. Yay. Cole cleared the fenders and hood yesterday, and is cutting and buffing them at this very moment. Tomorrow (the 17th and my birthday, AND also the 1 year anniversary of starting this project!) he will clear the cab, and Thursday the cab will get cut and buffed and voila, it's almost done! More to come.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #62]

03-13-2010 10:56 PM Rear Fenders Are On!
I saw these trailer fenders at the parts store and wondered if they would look okay under the flatbed. I brought one home and we had a look and liked it. Once everything is finalized we'll paint the whole thing black to match the rest of the black trim. It's going to look good!!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #61]

03-11-2010 04:10 PM Stake Side
Cole wanted to make sure that the boards I had cut and shaped were going to be the right size, and that we weren't going to run into problems later, after all of the work had been done. It looks good! The wood is fir, and I'm going to hand rub them with teak oil. They're going to be beautiful. We're aligning the stake pockets so the uprights are inside the sides, instead of outside. Also, another photo when the fender was still on.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #60]

03-11-2010 10:13 AM Fenders going on
Just so you can see that it isn't all glamor and glory building these things, here's a shot of Cole working on re-installing the driver's side fender. After it was all on he decided he was going to take it back off, clear coat the fenders and hood, then cut and buff them, then clear and cut and buff the cab, THEN put the fenders on. So it'll be a couple of days before we see this view again. But it's lots of progress and we're really close. I'm working on the wood for the stake sides and I'll post photos of that next.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #59]

03-08-2010 09:38 PM Tail Lights
The flat bed is coming right along. We had a scare, two of the cylinders on the motor weren't firing. We called in the local motorhead who promptly figured out the problem, the carb needed a spacer between it and the intake manifold, and we were good. The local parts store was out of the amber lights, the missing one is on it's way. Once all the fabrication is done the fenders and hood can go back on, then get clear coated, and cut and buffed. That's just about it, other than installing the carpet, puttine the new door handles and trim on. A week from today and the truck will be done. Photos to come.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #58]

Pages (16): 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16