Brought my buddies over for the engine installation last Sunday afternoon. Dereck brought the beer and and I mated the tranny and bell housing to the block and we were able to install with the headers in place. Had to remove the right side ones briefly to get past the shock tower braces.
First shot is of my buds helpin' me - They're great guys! Matt, Rich and Dereck.
The other two are pretty self explanatory. I sure was happy to see this stage completed. Now I can't wait to get to the point of firing it up!
During the week, I got the front suspension on and ready for the new disc brakes. Stock springs, but I did the "Shelby Mod" on the upper control arms and lowered them 1" and back 1/8" for better cornering. I put the shims back exactly how they were, but I'm sure that will need to change once I get everything in place and the engine/tranny back in. I'm having some difficulty with the new sway bar so off to the forums to see if I can get any feedback.
After prepping and cleaning and de-greasing, de-waxing and cleaning and then cleaning again and drying and...
I finally go to lay down two coats of epoxy primer. Sanded, cleaned and cleaned some more...
I then shot it with Eastwoods 2k ceramic black satin. Boy am I glad the neighbors were out of town that weekend! I'm happy with it. While it was all open, I had cleaned and re-undercoated the wheel wells. They were dirty, but the original undercoating had done its job and there was no repair necessary where it had been applied.