Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: ChevelleSS_LS6's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View ChevelleSS_LS6's profile Entries: 5
Views: 3570
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

08-11-2004 05:56 PM August 9, part III
Here's the last pics. The trunk has plenty of bondo in each rear corner, is there supposed to be a trunk pad in there? Anyways, I like the Goodyear Polyglas spare. Why don't tires have cool names anymore? Why aren't "red line" or "red stripe" tires fashionable anymore?

I think the respray color is a ford color, maybe 1965. It's been a while since I have discussed the car with my (step)dad since we disagree on everything and so I usually prefer to avoid him.

My (step)grandma is the same way. She says if I put a different engine in the car, it won't be the same.

That's the point. I don't want a smog-era 360 with a Holley and a bunch of free-mods. I want an AMC 360 (a 390 or 401 would be a nice swap but they aren't cheap) with modern parts to maximize performance, streetability, and efficency. Same with the brakes and handling.

But I will probably go with an intake, cam, and headers for the meantime. When will the money come, when will the money come...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

08-11-2004 05:39 PM August 9, part II
more pics. here's the MC and booster... brake fluid "mysteriously" dissapears. I think a hole in the booster diaphram is the culprit since there's no fluid all over the floor inside the car. The oddball pic is under the MC, annd shows rust under there. On the other side of the car, it's pretty clean as far as rust goes. What was mounted where the 2 screw holes are?

Why can't we add more than 3 pictures when ya update this? Otherwise, I like this feature A LOT!
-matt

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

08-11-2004 05:34 PM August 9, 2004
I went back to my (step)grandma's place for a family gathering and fired it up for those who a)remember its better days and b) like it.

I also took some pics to show the severity (how severe it is) of the rust damage, the original color and the respray circa before I knew my (step)dad and today's uopdate also features a radiator leak.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

07-12-2004 11:57 AM Unearthed 2
more pics. 220HP 360v8, removed air pump, air cleaner housing, added holley carb with mechanical secondaries. Dad says it bogs down really bad when ya floor it off the line. In the forums here it says stuff about that being some sort of "pump cam", whatever that is.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

07-12-2004 11:52 AM Unearthed
Summer 2004:
This is in my (adopted)grandma's pole barn. My (adopted) dad got this new back in 1974. He thinks he should've gotten the ecomomy gears. I'm glad he didn't.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]