Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Hwyhogg's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Hwyhogg's profile Entries: 70
Views: 15230
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

12-12-2011 06:14 PM Hogg's tail is lit up!
Nothing major, just another long-awaited milestone. Got the LED tail lights hooked up along with tag light. The BIGGIE is the vehicle is actually registered and tagged again....so close to being streetable.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #45]

12-06-2011 05:56 PM Almost on the road...
Yesterday, I moved the Panel truck under its own power for the first time in over 9 years. Posted some video. These are a couple of pics of it in front of the house garage...Need an alignment and some windows and I can finish break the engine in!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #44]

12-01-2011 06:56 PM Moving on its own!!!!
Okay, today I finally took care of something they don't tell you about when using stock Mustang II lower control arms with Granada rotors. In the pictures you'll see an area marked with white pencil. I had to grind back this area, (outermost tip of arm), to keep it from scraping the rotor. I found this out a few years ago, but put it off since I knew it'd be a while. I finally finished the brake lines, bled them and ACTUALLY MOVED the vehicle back and forth about 10' under it's OWN power! Yes I did have a few pesky connection leaks, which everyone knows how much brake fluid and paint like to play with each other... oh well, it's a driver so I'll touch up where I have to...The last two pics are the After...sorry for poor quality..

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #43]

11-08-2011 05:39 PM Wiring...FINALLY
Some pics of my temporary wiring.....don't worry, it will look much cleaner, (for an amateur anyway). I am just wiring it to break in engine and run electric fans. Don't have the fenders on yet, so left plenty of wire length for later....just have to prime the engine with oil, fill radiator and tranny and then........either kaboom or varooommmm!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #42]

10-26-2011 03:48 PM Getting cooler....
not much done this week....but it's one LESS thing I've gotta do...thinking I might put some flaps/vents in this shroud for when I'm cruisin'

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #41]

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14