Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Hwyhogg's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Hwyhogg's profile Entries: 70
Views: 15170
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

10-20-2011 06:45 PM SHOCKING
Some pics of the U bolts and plates before I decided to get some mounts from a '58 F100 that would fit my 9" axle tubes and let me mount shocks in original location.....finally got some expert help..

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #40]

10-18-2011 04:48 PM Getting closer....
Like a little kid, I set the carb on and mounted the MSD...even made some engine noises as my wife simply shook her head....its a guy thing I guess... :>)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #39]

10-02-2011 07:49 AM steering column
Using an 80's or early 90's firebird column with a 4.5" ididit drop. Will eventually purchase and aftermarket column, but for now that money can go to getting this beast on the road! This column is about 35" and the drop definitely get the steering shaft at a straighter angle....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

09-22-2011 07:43 PM Antenna
Found an antenna I'm happy with and will suit the look I'm after...$19. at Best Buy. Not original, but not $60. either. Funny how black doesn't photograph well, (day or night), but how sharp and crisp the clutter always is...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

09-20-2011 06:39 AM gauges pics
Waiting for my column drop to arrive in mail; so I figured I would tease myself with the gauges in the dash. I cut out the gauge windows where the original gauges would normally be and had a shop fabricate a plate to mount my new speedo and tach. Instead of going chrome, I had it powdercoated gloss black--to provide a little contrast to the future satin black dash. Since the P.O. had cut the two small holes in the dash, rather than fill them, I installed the fuel gauge and temp gauge. I installed two green LEDs to use as turn signal indicators in the holes where the original speedo cluster screws were. Next up is the wiring....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14