Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Hwyhogg's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Hwyhogg's profile Entries: 70
Views: 15169
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

08-27-2011 07:34 PM cab floor primed...
more baby steps....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

08-27-2011 10:32 AM Firewall & Dash primed
Used the Preval sprayer to put a couple of thinned coats of Epoxy. You can get about 2 of the 6 oz. bottles sprayed with one spray head..not bad for convenience. However, I would do the most important sprays with the first bottle, by the end of the 2nd bottle it was spitting. I may try to topcoat the dash with a bottle, not sure yet...painting under the dash with any sprayer is a real pain in the&^*! I might lay on my back and hit with a brush any areas I missed. A full size gravity gun seems like more of a challenge than the spray "can" due to it's size. I will finish the floor this evening hopefully. I will definitely wait until fall to do any real painting--the humidity this morning was 80%! Oh well, at least it's one color now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #34]

08-16-2011 07:36 PM Finally gonna spruce up the interior...
These are all before pictures. As much as I wanted to wire up the damn thing to break in the engine, I decided another week or so will save me from having to take it all out again, thereby creating more work in an already limited budget of time.....Is this called growing up? lol will just put down a couple of coats of epoxy on floor and firewall. Dash will be either satin black like the exterior of truck, or gloss black...not sure...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #33]

07-19-2011 07:31 PM Stripping for epoxy....
FINALLY a tad more work getting done. This is the hood latch panel that goes across the top of radiator to each fender...the black wrinkled paint was some epoxy I had applied by brush a few weeks ago. It wrinkles up differently than the regular paint. The shiny pic makes it hard to believe it's over 50 years old....yes, this time I'll spray the epoxy.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #32]

04-07-2011 07:54 PM Hanging pedal in the Hogg
Finally got the hanging pedal mounted...was kind of a p.i.t.a. because of my great (read rigged) steering column bracket. Will post the inside shots as soon as I tighten up the column...lot's of learning on this project

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #31]

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14