Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Hwyhogg's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Hwyhogg's profile Entries: 70
Views: 15988
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

03-20-2011 09:06 PM New Radiator and Exhaust
Of course new radiator, (bigger), won't bolt up to old bracket.
Friday, I got the NASCAR type exhaust put on. It is a single muffler with dual in, dual out 3" pipes. It is a Magnaflow 12599. Good enough for now, but I will want the pipes out the back later on.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

11-28-2010 05:31 PM wheel and tire preview
No...not any high dollar goodies. The rims I got for $40 (that was for all 4!) They are 16" Ford rims off a Limited Explorer. The Tire is an old 255/65/16 off my Xterra. I wanted to see if the wheel/tire combo would clear the front suspension stuff--they did! I will use the same size on the rear as well. I may redo the clear on the rims, but I may paint them black as part of my sinister look. The lines on the rims are only in the clear coat, they aren't scratched into the metal. FYI, the brakes are the smaller S10 calipers on the Granada 11" rotors. I have the BIG brake kit from ECI that uses the bigger Caliper and pads, but they are packed away for later. The pads on the ECI kit are noticeably larger than the S10 pads.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

11-28-2010 05:18 PM Whoa before Go! It's the little things
Trying to get the brakes, lines and booster hooked up before the big push to start the engine by Christmas! I actually got very excited seeing the rotors and brakes in place! This is my first project and seems even the tiniest movement forward renews my excitement...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

11-19-2010 08:08 PM More work on my Frankenstein floor
Started trying to fit the pieces I have together so I know what I'll have to scab in....this should be interesting as I have no experience with this stuff....oh well I can always get a pro's help if I screw up too badly.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

11-16-2010 04:47 AM Shifting to high gear
Took steering column out to start cleaning/painting floor boards. Had to mount shifter to figure where to cut hole in transmission cover....felt like a kid sitting in the unbolted seat, shifter in hand and pretending the Hogg was actually on the road!.....fun times

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

Pages (14): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14