Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Valkyrie5.7's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Valkyrie5.7's profile Entries: 7
Views: 865
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

10-25-2012 08:19 PM Stopping my journal entries here
If you'd like to continue following the build, PM me for my personal website.

[Entry #7]

04-15-2012 11:15 PM Bye Bye Bumper
Yanked off the bumper and listed it on CL for $20. We'll see if there's any takers. Was thinking about running a roll pan, but I'll likely find a good steel bumper that isn't for pulling the hay cart around the farm.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

04-14-2012 10:02 PM Trying To See What I've Got
Last night I ended up pulling most of the top end and today I got a little bit further. Basically all that's holding me back are the head bolts, and we all know how much of a bear those can be. Not doing too shabby considering I'm working inside the engine bay of the truck. Hopefully I'll have the heads off tomorrow.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

04-14-2012 01:29 PM Under The Hood
Here's the engine. Will probably end up getting it running decent to sell so I can fund my Olds build. As I said before, it's a 70's 350 Chevy. 991 heads, with the usual bolt-ons. SM420 transmission.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

04-14-2012 01:26 PM The Exterior As It Sits:
As you can see, the body is rather rough, and has a really ugly and poorly thought-out theme. Is this supposed to be some kind of Van Halen hotrod? I don't get it. The front passenger side fender was crumpled pretty badly, so it got replaced. The piece that goes between the cowl, fender and door ended up getting stolen, but they left me my emblem. Thanks? Anyways, it's the only body panel I'm missing. All the rest of the body parts reside in the bed of the truck.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2