Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: adsmtz's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View adsmtz's profile Entries: 64
Views: 7389
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

02-16-2014 05:43 PM My other project JD LGT pedal tractor
My dad bought this pedal tractor in 1972. I have restored it and now my boys can enjoy it. I also have a trailer for it.
It is a JD LGT PEDAL TRACTOR.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #64]

02-16-2014 09:22 AM Back together again
Well it is starting to look like a truck again. Added the nose and wire the front end, radiator, trans lines. Looking to crank it soon.

Can you post video on this site or link it to youtube?

Let me know.

Next issue, shift linkage around the brake pedal. Thanks

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #63]

01-20-2014 04:03 PM Custom drop down battery box installed
Happy 2014, since Christmas I have installed my speedometer gears (electric to manual), steering wheel, and today my drop down battery box tacked in place. I used my original batt. box and switched sides. I also cut the angle part of the box. I added angle iron with a number 7 cut to allow it to drop down. I will use a 75 type battery.

Remotes: I plan on installing battery remotes in the passenger side vent that I replaced. It will be hidden with panel access for a jump off if needed.

Next challenge: shift linkage.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #62]

07-05-2013 11:33 AM My true Vacation
Well new job and a true week off. My wife worked and the kids played in the yard. This what I got done: wired all rear end minus temporary tail lights until I get my bed on, all gauges are wired inside the cab, gas tank secured plumed and wired. Inline brake line removed, adding an electric one, 700r4 tv cable added. I had to modify the edelbrock bracket that says it fit. I also had to modify the throttle bracket. Studied the 700r4 TV cable before doing it. I thought everything was going to bolt up when I purchased all the same brand, why not; I had to modify everything else. In addition, tightened everything up, steering, water pump, brake pedals etc.

Things to do:
Steering adapter
Find a 12 volt switch source for tach. (Might tie into my gauges)
Front end sheet metal and wire it.
Vacuum line to booster
Mount battery box and remotes

Start it!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #61]

02-20-2013 09:46 AM Homemade drop down battery box
I took my old battery box and converted it to a drop down design that fit my 52 chevy truck. A friend loaned me one that he bought, to my dismay it did not drop far enough for me. To get the battery out, I did not want to cut my new floors like the original. I looked at drawer slides, springs etc. This is what I came up with: angle iron cut like the number seven bolted to the frame for complete take down, remote jumpers (like drag racers use) in the cab linked to the battery in case I need jumping off. This will fit a group 24 battery.
How: I swaped battery box sides. Notice the three cuts on the far left of the picture, that was originally the one nearest the front of the truck. They must have hit something because it was bent pretty good. I do not have torch so relief cuts and a big O hammer was used.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #60]

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13