Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: chevykid90's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View chevykid90's profile Entries: 9
Views: 1792
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

10-15-2011 11:45 AM Replacing bearings and crank
My old cam got eaten by having the wrong springs and rockers for the amount of lift it had leaving lot of metal floating around and it destroyed all my bearings and crank journals. So while I was on leave I pulled her out and replaced the bearings and crank. Showed my older brother how to do this and had the help of my 3 year old son lol.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

08-15-2011 06:57 AM 77 Formula Firebird
Had the wife pick up the car while I am deployed. Hopefully I will get to start the build the summer of 2012.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

03-06-2011 09:00 PM new face lift and rear end
picked me up a 77 nose and a rear end with 3.73's with a limited slip posi. also got the tail lights but its going to take a little bit of fab work because i think the tail panels sat deeper in the later model cars, and the mounting studs are not long enough in the lights to reach through the holes. i could put them in but they would sit in about 2 inches and it would look really funny.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

09-21-2010 08:10 PM been awhile since i added some photos
i have since got the engine in and fired up and driving for about 2 months. just got the new cowl hood yesterday so i could take my old one off that had a hole cut it to clear the air cleaner.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

06-28-2010 03:43 AM oh yeah baby..
the top end is just siting on top of the block (dont cringe i have bolts in the heads) but i just wanted to see what she would look like when it was actually all ready to be torqued down. this picture was taken before i got the cam today. i went with the Edelbrock Performer RPM, i think it might be a little to much cam for me but it was at the right price and i couldn't afford a brand new cam. nor find a good used one. hoping to be all done by tuesday night and ready to rock.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2