Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: warrick's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View warrick's profile Entries: 65
Views: 9758
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (13): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

02-04-2011 12:18 PM its in
mock up engine with home made intake for the hot rod truck for my wife, four two barrels, running 3 speed transmission one less gear to shift ,mounts are in,next body on steering box and clutch linkage

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

01-31-2011 10:07 AM setting up engine
engine set back is at 8 inches in to fire wall which is putting number one plug about 7 1/2 inches behind the axle, with a total moveof about 10 inchs from stock. this is as far back as i can going with out cutting a place in the wind shield. headers will not be fender wells at this point, looking at weed burners and make some thing get plumped into some muffers that can be remove easiley.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

01-26-2011 03:46 PM the part that i dont care for
Started cleaning the frame up to get in primer along with the rear end. got more rain then i thaught puddles on to floor bad thing about gravel floors, and the guy next door keeps dumping gravel on the alley and now its higher there my garage floor, one day i will build a new one not much use in putting money into something to small any way. hope to get help to lift frame off jig on start on engine and trans mounts.

[Entry #18]

01-19-2011 10:47 PM this is it as a whole
This brings me up to were im now. next get it rolling put body on to fab engine up hoping to set it back 8 to 10 inchs this will depends on type of headers with fender well 8 inchs is it. build mounts for engine and transmission,clutch linkages

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

01-19-2011 10:36 PM ladder bars and rear fab
Ladder bars are 5 foot long, ford 9 inch. used stock rear control arms to locate rear end as i fab ladder bar mounts to axle they will be removed and the axle mounts will be cut down to just the shock mount part. built panhard bar using rubber bushings, also running stock springs. have to add drain plug, and a 2 inch fill cap over the top of ring gear to be able to inspect it when needed and to make changing gears easier

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

Pages (13): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13