I also put a Flowmaster dual exhaust on this summer. I have stock manifolds and will eventually upgrade to the ram air reproduction manifolds as they are almost as good as headers but without the hassle.
You can see it looks rusty underneath,but it is surface rust that I am going to finish adressing next spring.I had the trans tunnel sanded and painted before I put it together as I figured it would be tough to do after I had it installed.I had to replace the trunk floor as it was pretty mothy, however the braces were all very good.I cut them out and replaced them anyway, not sure why...LOL
This is a short pictoral of my pontiacs history. Shot 1 is on the transport trailer in goodyear az.
Pic 2 is a parking permit for 1969-1970 year at El Camino College in torrance Ca. My car went to school.
Pic 3 is the model number, it is a 2227 for a 2 door sedan(post) Le Mans. That crayon marking is original from the factory, I have heard that it is an important mark and some restorers go to great lengths to replicate this mark as.
Pic 4 is the trim tag . It indicates its build origin is KC ,MO.
I found a sticker that was painted over on the trunk lid that was from Watson truck and Auto sales in Hobbs New Mexico. I assumed it was sold as a used car in New Mexico. Watson also owned a pontiac dealer in Hobbs in the early 60s as well. I am assuming it was sold as new in Hobbs, then sold as used in Hobbs and probably went to california in 69.
Pic 5 is at home in Northeast Pa. This is the current shape of the car.It is completely driveable as it has been mechanically refurbished By myself.It was a hoot to remove bolts with a wrench and not a torch.
I put in new control arm bushings,upper and lower, the lowers were actually still in decent shape. One lower ball joint, new brake shoes,wheel cylinders and rubber hoses, and master cylinder.
The engine was just setting in there soit neded wiring, plumbed and some accessories and pulleys.
I have put power steering on it, but kept the manual brakes.It looks pretty original under the hood.
I have replaced the lower and upper windshield channel as they were rusted, the lower was availableaftermarket and fit vry well, the upper I had to fab myself, and to get it right took about a month before I could fully "skip weld" it in place. I used Duraglass over the sheet metal to smooth out the job so a new windshield could be eurethaned in place.
I have new B.F.Goodrich radials on 14 inch rallye II wheels that I got from a real good friend who took them off his car when new back in 1970.
I have a 65 389 that I am building for next spring. I have bored it and decked it to .000, forged internals and a few othe goodies are in the plans. I will have it ready in the spring for a weekend swap, and I will mothball the 350 that is in it as it is a solid engine, just in case .