Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jeep4grog's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jeep4grog's profile Entries: 3
Views: 223
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

11-13-2013 09:43 AM Part 3
Now I am putting it together. Everything has to be custom built or mounted. Even had to build a transmission mount

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

11-13-2013 08:58 AM Packard update 1
Pulled the motor and transmission and sold them to a rebuilder in SC. Sold the fenders as templates to a guy in IN. Sold all the stuff I wasn't planning on using in the rebuild. This has been an unusual project for me. I have Jeeps and do a lot of work on them, but this is my first attempt at a rod...

Cleaned it. Spray cleaned the engine compartment. Fixed the floor and sealed it. Did some body work. Rebuilt a 1969 Chevy 307 form a Camaro. Had a friend rebuild a Buick TH350. Found a really good Ford 9" rear axle from a 1972 Mustang and we have started assembling the "Frank n Car"

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

11-13-2013 08:32 AM 1940 Packard Rat project
I'm pretty far into this but wanted to get some input. My father-in-law gave us a 1940 Packard 110 Business mans coupe three years ago. I looked into restoring it, but it is pretty beat up and all the fenders/doors/running boards have a lot of rot. The engine has almost no compression and everything else leaks... After getting some quotes, I was looking at a $20,000 to 40,000 restoration for a car that sells for 20,000 to the right guy. My wife and I talked and we decided to do something different. This is what we have too date...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]