Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: chief36chevy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View chief36chevy's profile Entries: 276
Views: 35437
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (56): 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

07-24-2014 04:08 PM Grooming the cab
While I am waiting for the polyurethane to dry I figured I could groom the cab. I started with the dash installed the gauges controls, cowl vent and glove box.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #261]

07-24-2014 04:05 PM Installing the front window
I almost forgot to talk about the windshield. First I had to super glue the seal that goes around the outside of the frame. I then cleaned up my frame and had it painted. I took my glass to a glass company to have it certified and etched. I also had them cut me my door and rear glass and etch them. While there I picked up some tubes of adhesive. I ran a good bead of adhesive in the inside grove of the frame. I used some bar type of clamps to squeeze the two frame haves together.
After it setup I cleaned off the excess adhesive that squeezed out. Now for the fun part, installing the frame seal. I got some advice from this web site and picked up some seal installation tools of eBay. It took a bit of elbow grease and some liquid soap but I got it in.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #260]

05-24-2014 05:06 PM Right inner door panel modification
I didn’t care for the indentation on the right door panel so I removed it. First step was to remove the Dynamat. Second step cut it out. Then I made a patch panel and spot welded it in the panel.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #259]

05-24-2014 05:03 PM Disaster strikes.
I got my fenders back from the painter and what a disappointment. The running boards had runs in them. It looks like the rear fender had something rub up against it. The trim piece that all my wires to the engine has to go through has primer showing through the paint. Some of the trim pieces that go around the door windows had wires through the holes which the wire was painted fast to the trim piece which left an ugly primer mark. The front fenders had a lot of dust in it.
I am hopping that my painter makes it good. I put a lot of work into getting these panels strait as they are painted a very dark blue.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #258]

05-24-2014 04:56 PM Interior trim cont.
I trimmed the bead to fit my trim piece and it still was strait. I cut the old bead off and fitted the new bead to the trim piece. I clamped the two pieces together and spot welded the together. Well that didn’t go so well. The bead needed to stick out more so I made still another form to reshape this metal. I welded a piece of ź” round rod to a scrap piece of metal. Then I added a piece of 1/8” stock. I placed it all in my press and tapped it back into shape.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #257]

Pages (56): 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.