Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: chief36chevy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View chief36chevy's profile Entries: 279
Views: 37272
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (56): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

05-24-2014 06:06 PM Right inner door panel modification
I didn’t care for the indentation on the right door panel so I removed it. First step was to remove the Dynamat. Second step cut it out. Then I made a patch panel and spot welded it in the panel.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #259]

05-24-2014 06:03 PM Disaster strikes.
I got my fenders back from the painter and what a disappointment. The running boards had runs in them. It looks like the rear fender had something rub up against it. The trim piece that all my wires to the engine has to go through has primer showing through the paint. Some of the trim pieces that go around the door windows had wires through the holes which the wire was painted fast to the trim piece which left an ugly primer mark. The front fenders had a lot of dust in it.
I am hopping that my painter makes it good. I put a lot of work into getting these panels strait as they are painted a very dark blue.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #258]

05-24-2014 05:56 PM Interior trim cont.
I trimmed the bead to fit my trim piece and it still was strait. I cut the old bead off and fitted the new bead to the trim piece. I clamped the two pieces together and spot welded the together. Well that didn’t go so well. The bead needed to stick out more so I made still another form to reshape this metal. I welded a piece of ź” round rod to a scrap piece of metal. Then I added a piece of 1/8” stock. I placed it all in my press and tapped it back into shape.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #257]

05-24-2014 05:52 PM Interior trim
. The trim piece that goes above the windshield and holds the headliner in place was badly rusted. So I bought a bead roller why not use it. I cut a strip of sheet steel and tried to make a patch panel. Key word tried! To say the least it didn’t turn out very strait. I pulled out my Woodward Fab. catalog and found that they use a guide to assist in the rolling of the bead. I fabricated a guide as best as I could form looking at some pictures in a catalog. This time I started with wider piece of sheet metal, that seems to work better, less warping and twisting


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #256]

05-12-2014 05:20 PM New clutch and brake pedals
Well my fenders are off to the painters so I decided to change out my clutch and brake pedals. I never cared for the round pedals that came with my kit. I found these pedal pads at I n I Reproductions. First I needed to determine what thread size I had. I tried all the different bolts that I had. After a little research I determined that they were M13 1.5 thread. No problem just go to my local hardware, automotive, and even eBay. I was able to get a M13 1.5 die at MSC. So I took a 1/2” bolt and cut the threads on it. I faced off the marks on the top of the bolts so that they would have a smooth surface to weld the pedals to. I then threaded them in all the way with a lock washer. I then drew a line through the center of both bolts for a reference point. I used a piece of ź” x 1 ˝” bar stock for the pedals. I cut the bar to length for the pedals. I needed to shape them to fit the pads. After drawing a center line through the pedals and clamped and welded the bolts. Some paint and they were ready to install. I screwed them in and slipped on the pads.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #255]

Pages (56): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.