Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: retiredblue's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View retiredblue's profile Entries: 7
Views: 956
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

02-19-2012 10:04 AM fan shield
I made this out of some 18ga metal I had - that fan was just freaking me out hahahaha

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

12-04-2011 11:39 AM UPDATE
well it has been a long time, but we are on the road- we finished all the major work and now we are into the details- I did my own paint job and it will suffice till the spring, need to save up. here is where we are at now. Thank you for all your help.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

10-28-2010 11:04 PM Summit Steering Column
here it is it's a tilt, black painted steel and almost half the cost. Maybe I'll just keep that wheel

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

10-28-2010 10:59 PM Steering Stuff
Ok I have the column and steering shaft in as a dry fit. I still have some wiggle room , but not much. I met a guy who may have a set of headers for me. I'm very grateful at my good fortune. Tomorrow I'm gonna try out a Tranny mount that Foose Alvarez made for me and will post a pic when I get that bad boy mounted. This was a good day. No rain, and some wrenching AND a nap to boot. BTW the column is a Summit Racing special, it was almost half the price as the IDIDIT or Flaming River. Its black steel, which is just fine for me. Its a tilt and is already wired and ready to go. Now i gotta pick out a steering wheel, man Grant has a ton of them but I think I'm gonna just get a 3 spoke 60's type like I had on the car before and as a matter of fact if I can clean up my old one I'll reuse it.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

10-26-2010 11:16 PM The 302 IS IN BABY
The 302 is in kids-and just like Slim Pickens said "I'll get it done even if it hair-lips everyone on Bear Creek" and it did hahaha. Talk about a tight fit. We put the the AOD in at the same time and man that was a chore. We put that bad boy in right before the rain started. It took all of us to do it, me Jan, Carlos and Ralph. We fabed a tranny mount but it's still not official. So much for the *****in paint job I did to the engine bay, oh well we gotta take it all out again any way. yup this is just a dry run. The booster I got was too big. I got it from a 80's style Mustang Cobra and it was too freekin big Oh well i may try it without the booster I don't know yet. But the important thing is it;s in. I bought the u joints for the steering and the shaft, the shaft was too big but I can return it tomorrow. I also put in the steering column (dry fit) now I gotta pick out a steering wheel. LOTS of decisions. I hate to be so wishy washy, but if I make a mistake the car will look goofy, but then again if I like it wtf cares right? anyway thats how I look at it. Later Gator

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2