Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: spacytracy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View spacytracy's profile Entries: 38
Views: 6127
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

04-21-2015 03:47 PM 1957 chevrolet truck with firebird subframe
Couldn't stand to have that picture as my latest

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

04-21-2015 02:05 PM 1957 Chevrolet Truck/Firebird sub frame
Thought that I should close out this portion of the build. I finished about 3 weeks ago, at least everything related to the Firebird sub frame addition to my truck. Drives like a dream now and the front bumper is now about 8 inches off the ground. I haven't had any problems so far with rubbing the ground. Truck runs really cool with the aluminum radiator and power steering and brakes work great. EZ wiring harness was anything but. Some things are just not as clear as they could have been described in the instructions. Next I will replace the rusty panel, just a few spots. I then am going to scarf on a wrap around window that I have had for some time. Just want all that done by the end of summer. All in all it was a ton of work to install the sub frame. Mostly because I changed so many related things at the same time.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

02-17-2015 09:58 AM 1957 Chevrolet truck 1981 Firebird sub frame
Radiator came, but of course it would not just drop in. I ended up cutting off the side mounting flanges which allowed me to drop the radiator down to within 1/2" of the front sway bar and center everything out. I used the pieces I cut off to fabricate new mounting plates and just bent and formed them to fit. They are attached with rubber washers between. I also hooked up the new CCP shifter linkage to the CCP steering column. Down to 3 more major tasks. Need new brake lines and hoses, need the exhaust re fabricated, and need to wire up the column and front lights.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

02-10-2015 02:59 PM 1957 Chevrolet truck 3100 Firebird sub frame
This is what the truck looked like prior to flipping the rear axle and adding the Firebird sub frame

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

02-10-2015 02:47 PM 1957 Chevrolet Truck 3100 camaro/firebird sub frame graft
Follow up pictures

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #34]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8