Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: painted jester's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View painted jester's profile Entries: 159
Views: 13391
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (32): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

01-11-2012 10:05 PM 2008
A young man came into my shop with his wife and child, they told he was dieing of cancer and only had 4 months to live he was only about 35 and he wanted to own a fast car and have something to leave his son! They also said they bought a Camaro sight unseen out of Indiana (on I think craigs list) & had a transport pick it up. And said when it was delivered it woudnt run right and wanted me to look at it. They noticed I just moved to this shop and saw a lot of high performance cars & street rods. So they brought it in and I checked it out. Who ever sold this car striped all the expensive high performance parts off it and put on crap in its place >example: they pulled the big electric fuel pump & regulater (you could see where it was mounted ) and put on a 4 cylinder mr. gasket pump!!!! They did the same thing with the heads, intake, carb, radiator, gauges,plug, wires oil pan etc etc. I told and showed them and his wife started crying he started swearing and the young boy started crying! They put all their money into this thing and were living on insurance checks each week waiting for a settlement. So I told him Id help him If he came down as much as he could and buy parts needed all from summit brand and budget parts. So we built the car this way. He settled his suit a few weeks later and paid the bill we finished the car tuned it, broke it in, and took to the track and it ran 12s. He was very happy! His name was Frank Davis and we became friends. He took it to car shows and won trophies never a first place but he was happy with just dash plaques! And he did burn outs all over Evart and Marion Michigan !

Frank died a few months later But I think he died happy! And his son sits in that car and cant wait till hes old enough to drive (his grand father drives the boy to car shows now). The next 4 pics are Franks camaro finished at my shop.

We just moved to a new area and opened a new shop pic #1 Cars in the bays are 70 Lincoln, 57 chevy, 66 plymouth And my wife and 2 daughters (cant forget good old George Colby by the truck,he owns the Lincoln) and my wifes tack shop was right next door.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #79]

01-11-2012 12:49 AM 1967
This was my first new car 427 high riser, holley 950 3 barrel ,410 gears, 3000 stall, Fairbanks built c6, man this thing could scoot !! I think I paid $2900.00 and was given no warranty on the drive train brand new special order.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #78]

01-11-2012 12:36 AM around 1987
Getting ready to paint it again , it was all apart !!! But I threw it together enough to go to st. Ignus! I had a 671 super charger on on it here built by B.D.S., With a B.D.S. High output cam , 5.5 to one comp. ratio and 30# boost running a 2 inch belt! I carried two different belts & two different ratio pulleys in the trunk at all times. The 3 inch belt would deafen you!! The 2 inch really quieted it down . When we got back I tore the car down again for paint !! LOL

The last 2 pictures are from around 82 I made a peace of wood & I painted it for Tooth Pick Bob ( He's an x flying tiger pilot and a member of Motor State Street Rods who Drove a Candy red 40 ford coupe called LIL ANGEL) Its a picture of a woman at a bar drinking a cup of coffee but instead of setting on a stool I painted her setting on a lighter (like Bobs That has a flying tiger etched on it) with a flying tiger straffing with its guns! The board stood in front of his car at car shows and he puts his best looking dash plaques on it ! I was pretty proud he thought enough of it to do that!!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #77]

01-10-2012 11:38 PM first paint job
first 3 pics are the 38 getting ready for its first paint job, candy lime green on gold flip flop pearl base with candy blue on black base color all ppg products. the picture of it that color is posted earlier in my journal.
the front turn signals are door panel lights!
the fourth pic is the bird I painted in the house.
I painted that car maybe 8 times

In the last pictures we're going to our first show in car candy blue .

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #76]

01-10-2012 10:34 PM early 70s
just moved early 70s 1st 2 pics at old house last 3 at new home no garage by metro air port man it was loud the planes approached right over the house!!! I never bought a house till the 80s. you can see my '73 charger S.E. fender in the last picture.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #75]

Pages (32): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32